Monday, April 16, 2012

STOP IT.

A recent unsettling experience that happened to me a few months ago has prompted me to share this with everyone today. I have thought about this experience for over a month and labored in my heart to forgive my offender for cruel and hateful words that were said about me, my marriage, my ability as a mother, and about my children. I have prayed extensively and asked for guidance and the feelings of hurt and contempt to leave my heart and mind. Then the beginning of this month I was able to sit down and listen to the Prophet and Apostles of the Lord speak to our church and my answer was given to me. As I sat and listened to President Uchtdorf speak profound words of wisdom, my feelings slowly seeped out of my heart, and I was reminded that the best way to deal with a person who feels such contempt for you and the way you live your life is to simply love them anyway. I know that it will take time to completely forget the hurtful words, but I know in my heart that I have truly forgiven. I want to share his message with all of you, mormon or not, because they are beautiful, and they are true. Please take a moment to read and let the spirit of the Lord touch your heart. There are so many hard and overwhelming things in this world, and it is Satan pure and simple who incites us to hate and hurt one another. It is my prayer for all of us that we can try our hardest to see the beauty in each one of God's children, that we can love and appreciate that one fact about each other. That we can encourage and uplift those around us, that we can see the imperfections of others and try and help rather then tear them down because of it. I am so grateful that I know these truths about myself:
- I am a child of God
- I am worth something, I am loved, and I am beautiful inside and out
- I am not perfect, but through my Savior I can become the best me I can be
- Forgiveness is not easy, but it is one of the essential ingredients to being a better person, wife, mother, friend. 

It is because of this understanding in who I am, where I come from, and where I am going that I am able to move forward without bringing the hurt with me. Thank you for reading and I hope this can touch at least one persons heart. 
http://www.lds.org/general-conference/2012/04/the-merciful-obtain-mercy?lang=eng&query=stop 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment