Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Easter Fun

Hello Again!

Easter was great this year, we were able to have our great friends the Comstocks over with their two cute kiddos and her parents on Thursday. We have been friends with them for going on two years now and we have absolutely enjoyed every minute of it! They have been there above and beyond through some of the hardest months of our marriage and we will miss them so much as they head off to Japan. Good friends are hard to come by, and great friends are few and far between so we have cherished our last days with them! Here are a few pictures of Easter and our celebrations at Taylor's Birthday party the next day. 
 Avery & Maverick being Easter bunnies. 
 Avery and his favorite buddy "Taywar". They are so fun to watch interact. 
 Avery & his Auntie "Tina" --they have a very special relationship and I know he will miss her!!

After Easter with the Comstocks Thursday, we went to Taylor's birthday Friday, followed by a going away party for adults that night and then onto Easter celebrations with my family Saturday. It was great fun with all the cousins (all 16 or so) running around and playing Avery enjoyed every second of the egg hunt and even found one of the two "monster eggs" that held a ridiculous amount of candy. We got to see my brother Leigh's sweet sweet girls that live in Utah and it was a little bittersweet saying goodbye as we wont be seeing them again before we head off to Delaware. 
 Avery ready to hunt for eggs...he was pretty excited and knew just what to do. 
 Daddy is always a good helper, especially since Avery kept wanting to open every egg and see what was inside before he could move onto the next!
 After the egg hunt the kiddos all enjoyed playing outside, it was just nice enough to be out and Avery of course went straight for the slide. 
 Meanwhile back in the house Grandpa Don was being silly as usual and Kendall was eating it up :)
 Makenna girl decided to take a little snooze (notice the cute little bracelet Grandma made her!).
 And of course Daddy decided to join her!
It was great to see so much of our family, and we are looking forward to seeing much more of them before we leave. Then the kiddos opened their baskets from us, we headed off to church, and then off to Adam's Grandma's out in the Liberty Lake. Unfortunately I didn't get pictures from Grandma & Grandpa's house because I wasn't feeling well but let me assure you Avery had a blast running around collecting eggs and he was very excited to see his Aunt Tori :)
Avery was pretty excited about his movie until he saw that Makenna got Tangled. So he decided to trade, at least he gave her Hercules though right?!? 
 Can't wait to see them both running around after eggs next year! :) 

I hope you all were able to enjoy the holiday and remember what it is truly about. I am so grateful for my Savior and all that he has done for me, I know that he atoned for my sins and the sins of us all, and I know that he was resurrected 3 days later. My favorite hymn played in my head repeatedly as we went through all the festivities, "I know that my Redeemer lives, what joy that sweet sentence gives, He lives, and while He lives I'll sing, I know, that my Redeemer lives." We have certainly had a rough year, with trials that seem to come from every corner...but through everything I have tried to remember that I am not alone that I have a Savior who knows every pain that I feel, who wants me to rise above and be better and more like Him. So I am thankful for this special day we celebrate, for the testimony I have. For my beautiful family and for the life I have been given.

No comments:

Post a Comment