Looking over my last few blog posts it seems we have been on a long standing serious note here, sorry about that! Just wanted to give a quick update with some really great GOOD NEWS included!! :)
Adam:
This handsome guy is still as amazing as ever, and recently turned 29! He had a bit of a "crisis" at being told frequently that this is his last year in his 20's, but I have to say he is only getting better with age :) Adam has been working hard in every way. He recently helped me paint our bedroom wall chevron, built me some shelves, and continues to work long hours at work and find time to dedicate to the 12 year old Scouts in our ward. On top of being a wonderful husband and father, in short he has been superman around here lately. And we love him for it. The picture above his him at Benjamin Franklin's original office and living quarters in Philadelphia, he surprised me a few days after our anniversary (which he missed due to a work trip in Pittsburgh) by finding a sitter and taking me out to see the Liberty Bell and other historical areas of Philly and then out to dinner. March is always a fun month for us because we get to celebrate our anniversary, 6 years, and his birthday. I was a little worried about being able to really celebrate with no family around to help with the kids, but we made the best of it and we have some truly wonderful memories that I know will last a life time. Also next month Adam will be going off to some "work" training for almost a whole month, we will miss him but I know he is really excited about this opportunity. I can't say to much about it, so if you want to know more details give him a call and find out!
Me:
I never feel like I have a whole lot to say about what's going on with me....I'm raising two kids. That pretty much takes up all of my time! But I am really looking forward to my mom and sisters coming out for a visit in a few weeks, and I am heading to California to see my dearest friend in May. Those two things are getting me through the rough days as Makenna hits her terrible two's!!
Avery:
This crazy guy is a ball of energy! I swear he never sits down for more then a few minutes at a time, unless of course you give him "daddy's phone" aka the Tablet. Avery is talking so much it is absolutely crazy, and adorable to listen to him tell stories and sing songs to all of us, but most especially to 'Kenna. A few fun facts about this guy;
*His all time favorite meal right now is Peanut Butter and Honey 'sammiches' with apples or strawberries and of course his vitamins.
*He loves Woody more then Buzz, which I am convinced says a lot about his personality.
*His best friend is 'Kenna, and if you ask him who he loves most he always says her.
*He loves all of his friends and prays for them every night.
*He loves his toy trains and it is literally the first thing he talks about in the morning and the last thing he talks about before going to bed.
*He loves watching Umizoomi and wants to count things all the time. He is getting really good at counting to 20 and we are starting to teach him how to tell time.
It feels like most days are pretty crazy, but at the end of the day I couldn't have asked for a better cuddler or brother for miss Makenna. I love watching this boy learn and grow and I am so excited to see how much he loves school and that will entail in the coming year.
Makenna:
This here is a pretty common sight for this little lady. Makenna is very into her dolls lately, she is the sweetest with them and loves to give them loves and kisses. We went to her endocrinology appointment on Thursday and were given fantastic news. She was technically diagnosed with what they call "constitutional delay of growth" which is basically a fancy way of saying 'she's fine, she's just gonna be short'! FINALLY!!! We were able to breath such a sigh of relief. They will have her come back in 6 months to chart her growth and be absolutely sure there is nothing else going on, but after an extensive visit with the doctor he agreed with Adam and I that when you combine everything i.e. her being premature & low birth weight & having a short mom (yeah I'm only 5'2") & the fact that I didn't "bloom" until a little later in my teen years, it is perfectly acceptable that she would be more on the petite side. The endocrinologist also told me that what her developmental specialist told me about her small stature and possible late blooming being due to the fact that I had preclempsia has absolutely no truth to it. This was especially good news to me, I realized I had been holding a lot of guilt for feeling like all Makenna's problems stemmed from my inability to "grow" a baby properly in the womb. So all in all it was a great visit and I am so relieved to have gotten a third opinion that she is fine, so next time a doctor wants to send her to a specialist for being small I will feel perfectly justified in telling them where they can stick that idea! So moving on, here are some fun facts about Makenna Marie;
*This little girl talks like crazy, and is really good at making known what she wants or needs. With that being said, she also has all of us completely wrapped around her tiny little fingers.
*While Makenna is naturally pretty girly, she can play cars and trains with the best of the boys.
*She loves to sing and will mimic the lullaby's I sing her to sleep, and yes, it melts my heart every single time.
*Makenna can count to 5 which I love and hate because every time I count to 3 instead of her doing what I want she just happily chirps out "4, 5!"
*She is very friendly and loves to talk to everyone in the grocery store, doctors office you name it.
*While most people are under the impression this girl is sweet and cuddly she can flip the switch and give more attitude then you can imagine in someone so small. I can't imagine where she gets that from....
I love this girl more then words can express and I am so beyond grateful to be her mother. I can't wait to see the women she will grow to be, but for now I am enjoying every cuddle and song she is willing to give me.
And here is one last picture just because I feel like I never put pictures of Adam and I together on here....

You have such a beautiful little family, and you are such an incredible mom. I love the pic of you and Adam! :)
ReplyDelete