Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Life Update

Hello, hello!

It's been a while since I last updated and I am feeling a bit like a slacker. It seems our short time as the "newcomers" has ended and we are now in full swing with life. 

Adam is busy as ever working on the new building they were given for SERE and although him and his boss work tirelessly day after day with only two of them and the entire building to clean and get organized it seems to be slow going. Some days Adam is frustrated, but I keep reminding him of the end goal and I know both him and Reams will be very proud with what they accomplish and the legacy they will leave here at Dover. He has also been called into the Young Mens program in our ward, specifically working with the Deacons (12 year olds). He has only been at it a couple of weeks but has already gone on an overnight camping trip (where he taught them to throw knives, I'm sure much to their parents dismay) and I have it on good authority from most of the parents and our Bishop that the boys love him and think he is the coolest. Adam is still adjusting but I think even though he wont admit it to me he is really enjoying his time with them. Other than that he is still enjoying Delaware and he is loving still being able to ride his bike to work each day and he is definitely grateful the humidity is finally starting to lay off a bit. 

I have certainly been keeping busy lately. I was also given a calling in our ward working with the Cub Scouts. I specifically work with the wolves (7-8 year olds) and I am loving it. It's a little daunting all that I will have to know but the boys are great, albeit a little rambunctious, and I'm sure I am getting a good taste of just what it will be like when Avery turns that age! Beyond that I am staying busy with the kids, trying to make it to the gym on a regular basis (thank goodness for a gym that offers childcare) and still working on decorating the house. We have a lot of plans and I have written down at least 20 antique shops in the area that I want to check out. We will see when I find the time...but it's nice to dream at least right?!?
I am also involved with planning some of Adam's squadron wives functions I am undecided if I have bitten off more then I can chew but I'm sure time will soon tell. 

Avery is getting bigger and bigger and talking more and more. We are finally getting into the stage where we need to be careful of what we say since he repeats almost EVERYTHING he hears! Life has definitely gotten more interesting around here to say the least. He started soccer last week and I think he is still deciding if he likes it or not. But I certainly think he is the cutest little soccer player out there! Adam wasn't able to be there for his first little practice and I think him being here this Saturday will make a huge difference. Especially if we go out for "pan-a-cakes" afterwards like he has been talking about all week :) He is still in love with woody and buzz and he can quote almost every line of all 3 Toy Story movies. It is a little eery but cute at the same time. Avery is loving playing with Makenna more and more every day. The more she can do the more we hear him telling her "come on kenna, come on" or "kenna not like that" or "kenna you get buzz and I get woody" I love their little relationship and the bond that they share. I hope he will always been such an attentive and loving brother!

Makenna girl is growing and growing. She will eat absolutely ANYTHING you put in front of her. Including a stink bug she found at the park the other day. Yuck! She is the fastest little bear crawler you've ever seen, and she is even starting to get brave enough to take a few steps on her own. I wouldn't classify her as a walker just yet, but I think in a few weeks she will be on the go and unstoppable. She has quite the little sassy personality and isn't afraid to tell you what she thinks, but she is equally as quick to dole out kisses and snuggles.  Adam tells me ever day that she reminds him of me in so many ways, some days I can see; and the days all I see is complete orneriness and down right stubbornness I don't want to see it. A huge part of me hopes that she doesn't grow up to be just like me, I hope she has more of Adam's sweetness and sensitivity and less of my brashness and hotheadedness. Regardless though, honestly this girl brings joy to everyone's life. People can't help but smile and laugh when they see her and I hope she will be that way for the rest of forever! :) 

And that's life. We are all enjoying some cooler weather, lots of park dates, and bike rides before it gets to cold by Delaware standards. We are planning a vacation in March, either a cruise or a trip to Orlando. Adam and I are hoping to do a 70+ mile bike ride through black bear country next month if we can find a sitter who wont charge us an arm and a leg. I am going back to Spokane in a few weeks with no kids for a friends wedding. Adam heads to Georgia the end of next month for a few days...and that's all the random bits of info I can think of! Feel free to call, Adam and I are both horrible at it but that doesn't mean we don't enjoy when others remember to call us!! Love to everyone xoxo

 Avery at Soccer :)
 Makenna at the park.
 Another quaint Delaware picture, come visit us!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment