Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Delaware Finds!

Hello!
Recently Adam and I were able to go on a date with no kiddos! So exciting. We went rock climbing about 40 minutes away up north and then we decided to hit up an antique store we have had our eye on since about the second week we moved here. We were not let down in the least! I thought I would share our finds with you and then when we have found a place for them and fixed them up just a bit show you our "after pictures". So here you are, enjoy the rest of your week!!
I was super excited about finding this old Coca-Cola crate. I have seen a few neat ideas on Pinterest using these and Adam and I have been scratching our heads trying to figure out the best place to put this in our house. I am tempted to try and repaint the Coca-Cola logo since it is pretty faded although I am a little afraid of ruining it?!? 
I was also excited to find this old barn window, I am going to add some pictures and use it as a frame in our dining room area. I think it will look great with the china hutch that Adam got me this last Christmas. They also had another really amazing tall window but it was a little out of our price range. Maybe for Christmas this year? :) 

This old tool box is what originally caught our eye when we were walking by the store back in August. Adam was very happy to find that it was still there when we went back. He isn't sure what he wants to do with it yet (I'm looking into the cost of how much it would be to have it restored). It is a neat piece and it was cute to see how excited he got haggling with the lady! Adam also has his eye on a sailing compass he found there but figures he needs a boat first. Don't worry though, he has a plan working for that to come about! :)  



1 comment:

  1. Melody I can't wait to see what you do with them. I love it all!!! How exciting!!!

    ReplyDelete