The kiddos went down for a quick nap and I thought I would take a moment to fill everyone in on what's been going on for us the last few weeks.
Life here is finally starting to settle down and we are getting into the groove of things. We are trying to enjoy the weather and summer as best we can, and after missing one weekend at the beach Adam was complaining that it felt like we hadn't been there in forever. I think we are getting a little spoiled.
Adam has been back at work now for 2 weeks and he is loving every minute of it. The weeks they don't have students are pretty low key, but spent working on the building they were just given. They are trying to make as many improvements as possible to make it an awesome learning environment for their students. He loves the challenge of it all and I am happy that he is enjoying this base and his job. Last week he was able to do some water survival training out on the Delaware Bay. They work in conjunction with the Coast Guard and they drop students into the bay from the helicopter and Adam and his boss get to go in on Jet Ski's and "rescue" them. Sounds like a rough life to me! ;) I will try and see if I can get out there one of these times and take some pictures for everyone. Adam has also decided to start training for a triathlon and he is hoping to compete next September in the Chesapeake Man (similar I believe to the Iron man). I am proud of him and look forward to seeing him push himself and watch him compete next year. I will have to get a picture of him in all his bike gear soon for you!! :)
I am enjoying getting the house all put together and spending time with the kiddos. We try to get out and enjoy the pool, beaches, and parks as much as the weather allows but even when it is to hot to be outside we try to enjoy the museums and other things around. We went to the Please Touch Museum in Philly last week and it was a complete blast for both Avery & Makenna. What a great idea having an entire museum devoted to just kids!! Our camera was broken but we plan on going back with Adam soon and I will get lots of pictures to share. Otherwise not much is going on with me, I am contemplating going to night school to get a certificate in Esthetics, but I am having a hard time committing 100% to the idea with the kiddos still being so young. I have to make a decision soon though so I will be sure and keep everyone posted.
The kiddos are adjusting well also and it seems like they have grown so much since we got here. Avery is loving his little buddy Makade who goes to church with us and also lives right down the street. They were insta-friends and I'm pretty sure would spend every waking second together if we would let them! We have also started the potty training process with Avery and he is doing a really great job so far. Although all the attention on him being a big boy has made him want to be spoon fed and treated like a baby in other ways. I still haven't figured out quite how to handle that aspect of it but I'm hoping as we continue forward some inspiration will come to me. Makenna is growing like a crazy girl, and she has the spunkiest little personality. Everyone who meets her is instantly in love and she holds a special place in their hearts. She really is a happy special little girl and I can't wait to see her start walking and talking! She also enjoys spending time with Makad's little sister Olivia who is close to her age and watching the difference between girls and boys playing is entertainment all in itself!
We hope everyone back home and abroad are doing well and we love and miss you all! I will leave you with some pictures and try and keep you updated as much as possible! Enjoy your summers!! :)
Bath time is always crazy in our house, but these two together just crack me up. And I have to say that Makenna's little booty might be the cutest thing I have ever seen!!
Avery 4 wheeling with his little buddy. <3 those two together!
And lastly I will leave you with a picture of the beautiful Delaware sky right before a huge thunderstorm hit. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment